A quick post on all the things I shouldn’t be thinking about but can’t help myself thinking about.
OK, Steven Moffat released way too much information for me not to get excited in an interview with the RT.
In that post he gave the last two episode’s fairytale gambit:
A message on the oldest cliff-face in the universe, a puzzle box opening from the inside and a love that lasts thousands of years… The fates are drawing close around the Tardis – is this the day the Doctor falls?
“There was a goblin. Or a trickster, or a warrior. A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. Nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it – one day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world”
Right. What does this mean for us lowly fans?
Well it means surmising that:
- River Song is [so totally] a Timelady – Romana, The Rani [both of whom either definitely did or were hinted to have had relationships with The Doctor in his previous incarnations] it doesn’t matter which. Please say she is, that would be awesome and possibly even answer the ‘love that lasts thousands of years’.
- The Doctor is the aforementioned goblin/trickster/warrior and has to unwrite his actions and their effects on the universe or face himself and all his actions
- One of the reasons The Doctor and the TARDIS [a recurring statement in this series, e.g. “The Doctor and the TARDIS hasn’t noticed”] develop a link to click and open the door is because that tiny keyhole in the TARDIS is one of the many causes of the cracks.
- Both Matt Smith and Karen Gillan have been confirmed to continue next year in another series – will [as regular reader Master Benchic suggests] Amy Pond need to be impregnated by The Doctor? Or willit be revealed that she is, in fact, just another lucky mortal who has an effect on the timeline and, as such, needs to change irrevocably? I’ll go with the latter.
- Is the ‘Dream Lord’ advertised for the next episode The Black Guardian? Bugger me do I hope so.
After all that nerd buggery, I think I best stop.